This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Palm Springs, CA
Brookdale Palm Springs 1780 E Baristo Rd Palm Springs , CA 92262
Job #: 066681
Please feel free to stop by our community located on 1780 E. Baristo Rd. Palm Springs, CA 92262. Must be flexible with hours and work weekends.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
Forget the late nights and frozen food. As a Brookdale cook you'll join a team of kitchen pros making meals from scratch on a set schedule that lets you have a life.
You'll find opportunities to earn baking certifications attend culinary road shows and get advanced training.
Our cooks do more than just create delicious menus; they connect with residents and enlighten lives.
Joining Brookdale opens doors to advancement opportunities in a fast growing industry and lets you truly make a difference.
* Prepare and cook all community meals under the direction of the Dining Services Coordinator/Manager
* Ensure proper portioning, preparation and serving of foods according to standardized recipes
* Adhere to all kitchen sanitation and safety standards under the direction of the Dining Services Coordinator
* Follow departmental procedures, including proper storage of dishes, utensils and cooking equipment
Preferred skills and qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED
* One year of commercial cooking experience
* ServSafe Certification or ability to obtain
* Availability to work every other weekend and some holidays
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. BR img src='http://career.staffingsoft.com/images/013-97-148849.aspx'