Cook / Part-time Mixed
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01515-16415
Mixed (rotating weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares all food and nourishments for patients, cafeteria, caterings and physician areas according to menus, recipes and diet restrictions.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: medical/surgical conditions and diseases cardiovascular, neuro, GI, renal, immunocompromised including but not limited to: CHF, CAD, CVA/TIA, metabolic disorders, oncology, COPD, malnourished, etc.
* Prepares food, nourishments and beverages for patients, cafeteria, caterings and physician's areas.
* Complies with standardized menus, recipes, portion control, and diet requirements.
* Completes and forecasts all food, beverage, and nourishment production requirements.
* Serves food and beverage to patient, cafeteria, catering and physician areas.
* Produces food in an appetizing, palatable, timely manner.
* Complies with all safety, sanitation, infection control and quality control guidelines.
* Complies with HACCP, TDH, and JCAHO regulations.
* Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
1. Current food handlers certificate preferred. Must obtain 30 days of hire.
1. Must be able to read, write, and speak English
2. High School degree or equivalent preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Experience in high quantity or institutional cooking
* Experience in preparation of modified diets
* Experience in meal production and forecasting
* Hospital experience preferred
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 08/29/2016