Cook - Weekend Evenings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 25067-48630
This position is located in Georgetown Texas (AustinTexas area)
Weekend Evening hours 11am-8:30pm (Friday - Sunday)
Assists Cook/ Head in preparation of all meals. Assumes responsibility as Supervisor of the Nutrition Services Department in the absence of the
Cook/Head. Works every other weekend.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Assist Cook /Head in checking refrigerator for foods to be used that day and for foods to be thawed.
* Assist Cook/ Head in preparing the main dishes, all diet foods and some of the desserts.
* Preparation of salads and some desserts.
* Count regular and special diets.
* Assist Cook/ Head in estimating the amount of foods to be prepared for regular and special diets for breakfast and lunch.
* Assist Cook/ Head in preparing and serving foods for breakfast, lunch.
* Assist Cook/ Head in cleaning stove every day.
* Helps with training of new dietary employees in preparation of foods, sanitation, and proper operation of kitchen equipment and appliances.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Professional Requirements:
* Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and clean.
* Completes annual educational requirements.
* Wears identification while on duty.
* Attends appropriate departmental and committee meetings.
* Takes personal responsibility for own behavior.
* Shows creativity in addressing issues rather than defeating attitude.
* Demonstrates negotiations/conflict resolution skills.
* Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
* Accepts accountability for impact of behavior on others.
* Willingly volunteers to represent the organization in the community as needed.
* Employee is punctual, observes work breaks, and meal periods and has an acceptable overall attendance record.
* Demonstrates initiative, including seeking new assignments and assuming additional duties when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
Knowledge of quality food production practices. Good cooking and presentation skills required. Effective communication skills required. Ability to read and
speak English in order to comprehend written instructions and communicate with patients. Positive leadership and good customer service skills are
necessary. Maintains a working telephone or agreed upon alternate form of communication.
Required: High school diploma/GED or minimum of 5 years cooking experience in a hospital environment or similar industry
Preferred: Experience cooking in a hospital or environment, or similar industry.
Required: Current Food Handler's Card through the Department of Health
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 09/03/2016