- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Cooler Warehouse Shift Lead--Dannon
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Dannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Cooler Shift Lead--Dannon in the United States (US) for thier West Jordan, Utah manufacturing facility.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
FLOW Lead - West Jordan, UT
Shift: 3rd days (Thur Sat, every other Wed)
Cooler Lead Role:
* Responsible for the operational performance of the assigned shift
* Deliver on SQCDMN daily/weekly/monthly/yearly goals and objectives through individual and team efforts
* Be the shift expert on WMS, AS/RS Software, and RF/scan gun functionality
* Provide leadership, direction, and development for operators through short interval management by walking the shop floor
* Ownership of assigned area on the shop floor Drive improvements and efficiencies in assigned area. Work with counterparts, manager, and operators to drive improvements.
* Study manufacturing production and shipping schedules, identify gaps and risks while collaborating with the manager and peers to balance work schedule.
* Lead shipping and receiving, truck scheduling, dock scheduling, labor assignment, and customer and intercompany shipping activities on shift.
* Shift expert on WMS (Tekdan), WCS (Atronix), and RF/scan gun functionality (Tekterm)
* Create and release waves of ASRS picking to ensure loads are ready for carrier appointment
* Manage priority loads as assigned by deployment team with carrier inbound appointments through effective communication between transportation, deployment and customer service teams
* Verify and Maintain proper inventory accuracy, including cycle counts in AS/RS, to meet Deployment and Customer Service needs.
* Conduct pre-shift transition with out-going shift lead to obtain all information about previous shift and its relation to SQCDMN metrics
* Conduct pre-shift meetings with in-coming operators in front of daily management board(s) to discuss topics related to previous shift, SQCDMN metrics, and general plant communication
* Coordinate warehouse personnel to effectively meet the demands of the shipping and receiving schedule as per documented procedures
* Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals, support operators through their coaching and development.
* Develop root cause analysis using 5-Why, Fishbone diagram, etc. to re-align operational performance with goals and objectives
* Lead and Participate in continuous improvement efforts including but not limited to AM, PM management, 5S, DMS, etc.
* Manage shift employees to ensure compliance to all SOP s, QAR s, Plant Rules and ISO Standards, including non-conformance management.
* Support the maintenance and continual improvement of all Company Standard programs related to Food Safety, Quality, Compliance, Employee Safety (ISO, AIB, WISE, HACCP) and other duties as assigned.
* Maintain time and attendance processing records utilizing the ADP payroll system.
* Administer discipline as required for job performance, attendance or any other non-bargaining unit and bargaining unit contract violations.
* Promote a positive team atmosphere and champion involvement of all employees.
* Ensure sound communication systems are in place so all employees are aware and can participate in continuous improvement of the operation; perform daily shift meetings, and help facilitate Business Unit meetings as scheduled.
* Enforce safety regulations (WISE) to ensure a safe working environment, while presenting a weekly updated safety punch list for the Business Area to the Distribution Manager/Director, Plant Director and Local Plant Safety Manager.
* Maintain quality of receipt, BOL, ship and inventory transactions.
The Preferred Candidate will have/be:
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years' experience in warehouse/shipping management within a manufacturing environment desirable, and may be substituted for education.
* Experience with Inventory Management and Inventory Control strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to train and manage a warehouse staff.
* The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints and manage in a dynamic team environment.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you*
65490.Experience: Experienced professionals
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segment: Payroll, Food Safety, Shipping and Receiving, Supply, Facilities, Finance, Quality, Operations