Coord, Billing I - Port Chester, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Port Chester, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Coord, Billing I - Port Chester, NY.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3762837
As a Billing Coordinator I you will perform daily activities revolving around collecting revenue in a professional setting. The focus of this position is to provide customer service to patients and clients, while helping collect revenue. Responsibilities may include billing and edit procedures ensuring compliance standardization for all work performed. This position is located in a production environment with strict metrics and quality control measures.
1. Edit procedure to ensure proper information for billing.
2. Follow-up on patient/insurance claims for patient, insurance, Medicare, Medi-Cal & Medicaid carriers.
3. Customer service-phone calls both received and outgoing from patients, insurance carriers and clients.
4. Retrieval of test request forms and microfilm.
5. Billing of co-pays, deductibles, some secondary insurances.
6. Distribution of departmental mail.
7. Additional duties as needed.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Some college preferred.
* 1 to 3 years experience in insurance billing or medical office.
* Willingness to work overtime when needed.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Data Entry Key Word Search: - Billing, Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, Accounts Receivable, Customer service
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.