Coord Laboratory Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Lone Tree, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08936-58095
Days (rotating weekends)
COORDINATOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - FT DAYS
Sky Ridge Medical Center is a 286 bed facility located on a 57 acre campus at the southwest corner of 1-25 and Lincoln Avenue in Lone Tree, Colorado (south Denver Metro area). Sky Ridge offers the latest in medical technology combined with world-class services and the area s top healthcare professionals all of which makes it easy to understand why Sky Ridge has become a model of care for the rest of the country.
The Lab Tech Coordinator performs specialized duties within one or more technical areas of expertise as assigned.
* Assumes responsibilities above that of the general technical staff. Schedules
* Trains and assigns duties to the Technologists, Technicians and Lab Assistants.
* Assumes responsibilities for teaching and training that may extend to staff in departments other than the Laboratory.
* Works in compliance with all standards set by applicable regulatory agencies including CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, and OSHA.
* Maintains knowledge of all procedures and protocols.
* Maintains proficiency in performance of technical procedures.
* Provides testing for patients with varying degrees of clinical conditions and different acuity levels.
* Testing is provided for all age ranges from newborns to geriatric patients.
* The Lab Tech Coordinator helps manage day-to-day operations within their assigned area of coverage, and maintains effective communications with staff members, other Supervisors, Lab Director, Pathologists and all Laboratory clients.
* 4 year Bachelor's Degree
* MT ASCP Certified
* CLIA qualified to work in Clinical Lab
* 3-5 years Med Tech experience in a hospital lab strongly preferred
successful candidate must have strong Hematology, Coagulation, and Urinalysis leadership experience.
Please apply ONLY if you meet all of the above qualifications, have a passion for your field of work and have strong leadership skills.
Last Edited: 10/05/2016