Coord Office PRN - Outpatient Rehab 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 09726-43304
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER INDEPENDENCE, MO
OFFICE COORDINATOR PRN
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features the following:
* Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
* An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
* Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
* An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
* Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
* Women s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
* Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for an OFFICE COORDINATOR PRN
* Under general direction of the Program Director, performs diversified office functions related to patient care including answering phones, scheduling, filing, copying and typing.
* Manages day-to-day scheduling of patients and coordinating patient care among the disciplines.
* The Office Coordinator greets patients and performs check-in/check-out and registration procedures for patients in a positive, professional manner.
* Position performs data entry into various systems.
* Reconciles the systems and ensures timely completion of the medical record including scanning of medical records.
* The office coordinator communicates needs to the Program Director concerning staffing levels due to patient schedule.
* The office coordinator is the liaison between the Wound Care Center and the billing office, coordinating efforts to ensure proper documentation and billing requirements are met by performing sending superbills, daily schedules, and dictation reports to the physician offices daily, as required.
* Maintains a current list of insurance participation for each physician.
* Office Coordinator also verifies insurance coverage benefits and advises all patients of the therapy, tests, and procedures covered by the payer source.
* Tracks managed care patients and number of approved visits.
* Obtains approval for additional visits prior to the last approved visit.
* The office coordinator has a working knowledge of insurance requirements, keeping staff up to date on insurance changes.
* The Office Coordinator arranges for physician ordered diagnostic, interventional procedures, and patient transportation as required.
* The office coordinator is a strong customer service agent.
* They answer phones, make appointments and manage general patient issues with outstanding customer service skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, medical terminology and insurance billing/pre-certification required.
* Ability to type 50 wpm.
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office, medical secretary or registration type position.
Last Edited: 09/06/2016