Coordinator - Accounts Payable Disbursements
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnergy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP) is a master limited partnership owning and operating one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. ETP's subsidiaries include Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company, LP (the successor of Southern Union Company) and Lone Star NGL LLC, which owns and operates natural gas liquids storage, fractionation and transportation assets. In total, ETP currently owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas and natural gas liquids pipelines. ETP also owns the general partner, 100% of the incentive distribution rights, and approximately 67.1 million common units in Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE:SXL), which operates a geographically diverse portfolio of crude oil and refined products pipelines, terminalling and crude oil acquisition and marketing assets. Additionally, ETP owns approximately 51% of the limited partner interests in Sunoco LP (formerly Susser Petroleum Partners LP) (NYSE:SUN), a wholesale fuel distributor and convenience store operator. ETP's general partner is owned by Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE:ETE).
This position supports all aspects of AP Disbursements operations and activities. In addition to ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures for all cash desk operations, the Disbursements Coordinator is responsible for assisting in management of payments activities for the company. This role reports directly to the Supervisor, AP Disbursements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all cash disbursement activities, including daily checks/electronic payments
- Understand process to complete wires, ACH, manual checks, special checks, drafts and automated payment runs
- Work closely with AP, Treasury, Tax department, HR and other business owners
- Assist in ensuring enough liquidity is in place to cover the company's financial obligations
- Provide cross-functional support to internal and external customers by acting as a first level contact for all Disbursements related inquiries
- Assist in the annual and quarterly audit process by providing feedback and coordination with other members of the AP Disbursements team
- Identify, analyze and implement process improvements, including resolving complex AP Disbursements issues and recommending new products into the current daily process
- Provide timely research and analysis of inquiries pertaining to cash disbursement, and postings
- Assist Supervisor, AP Disbursements with other duties as assigned
- PC skills to include strong knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel
- Skill with attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Disbursements operations or accounts payable experience preferred
- Experience in energy midstream sector preferred
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized with the ability to perform multiple tasks
High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
Minimum 2-4 years of full-cycle Accounts Payable experience. Previous experience working with OpenText OCR based scanning system a plus. Must be organized, dependable and a team player. Attention to detail, ability to prioritize work/projects and a have high sense of urgency are required. Must have the ability to process a high volume of invoices while maintaining accuracy. Must display good judgment and be able to work independently, as needed; Strong MS Office skills and be comfortable with computers in general; Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines; Must be flexible, adaptable and have a high level of initiative.
Associates degree in Accounting preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications