Coordinator - Company Store (Floater)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMAJOR FUNCTION: Company Store Coordinator (floating) with Site Sr. Coordinator in Charge - Responsible for participating in all store operations, with high emphasis on customer service, re-stocking, receiving and merchandising. This position is scheduled between NJ company store territories at your supervisor s discretion with a base location in Piscataway, NJ.
THE ROLE IS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FOLLOWING AS DIRECTED BY SITE SR. STORE COORDINATOR.
* Responsible for the efficient operations of their store(s); including but not limited to Inventory Control and stocking, Customer Service, Merchandising, Security, Safety and Reporting.
* This role is responsible for covering for Site Sr. Coordinator vacations and scheduled time off as directed by supervisor.
* Responsible for the following tasks being done according to L Oreal policy and procedures:
* Employees/Customers are satisfied with good product display and selection and customers are serviced in a courteous manner. Assist to resolve customer complaints and issues.
* Registers are proved nightly and all paperwork completed in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
* All records (ex. Shipping, receiving) are accurate and neatly maintained.
* Inventory is maintained and appropriate orders are placed as directed by site Sr. Store Coordinator.
* Maintain a neat impressive store appearance, including, but not limited to dusting and arranging stock, and assisting with promotions.
* Responsible for monthly promotions. Including but not limited to packing, preparing and paperwork for special warehouse inventory shipping to all store locations. Charity fulfillment as needs arise.
* Stock shelves and receive pallets independently and promptly, as stock is received and in an equitable fashion, as part of a shared responsibility for stores with more than one coordinator.
* Maintain a professional and courteous working relationship with local Human Resources and Management while assuring all Corporate policies are followed.
* Assist with head office functions and projects as needed.
* Work is being done efficiently and promptly with emphasis on promoting additional sales when possible. Present sales ideas to supervisor monthly.
* Special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and PREVIOUS TRAINING
* A Minimum of 3-5 year s retail or merchandising experience in the cosmetics field, including inventory knowledge as well as computerized register.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, advanced fashion/design/merchandising or marketing a plus
* Demonstrates ability to work in a fast paced environment with composure, as well as independently.
* Early/late hours as well as scheduled overtime. Saturdays include 1 per month, January to September with at least 2 in October and all Saturdays in November and December. EX: Rebound Saturday
* Travel out of state required a minimum of twice a year for training meeting in spring and fall or new store openings. May also require out-of-state coverage, if needed.
* Previous supervisory/leadership experience
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Will require local travel, regular assignment at another L Oreal Company Store(s). Must be flexible and have transportation.
* Must be able to be flexible in all retail aspects including being a team player.
* Professional presence.
* Regular lifting of up-to 50 lbs. required, with regular squatting, kneeling, bending, and extended periods on your feet.
* Proficient in Computerized Register/Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
* This position will not have anyone reporting to them, though must be able to open/close the store(s) and perform daily store operations with reliability and independently.
* This position is part of a retail environment, and as such, requires duties and responsibilities closely associated with a public retail environment. Work hours, locations, and days of operation are subject to change, based on the needs of the business and the position as directed by your supervisor and requires full flexibility.
* This position will be reimbursed for mileage when traveling to locations other than the Piscataway Store in accordance with the T&E guidelines.
* This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA, and is eligible for overtime to be paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.