This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The Specialist, Desktop Delivery is responsible for the delivery of customer orders directly to desktops, i.e. many customers under one roof. Duties are performed in a productive, time sensitive and customer service manner.
1. Delivery of office products to multiple buildings/businesses and select customer locations as defined and directed by location delivery management and customer specific delivery requirements but independent of a delivery route and/or delivery vehicle.
2. Management of cabinet/supply room functions. Perform inventory/stocking of various customer specific areas and ordering supplies based on min/max levels.
3. Is also responsible for timely returns as defined by customer requirements or expectations. Must communicate customer feedback to Sales and/or Supervisor, contribute ideas and suggestions for improvements utilizing LEAN practices, and complete appropriate paperwork.
4. Must also properly account for the receipt, delivery and customer returns. Ability to train a backup to cover duties when absent.
5. Responsible for cross-training and providing assistance at other delivery locations, as necessary.
6. Is responsible for timely delivery as defined by delivery structure requirements, customer requirements or expectations
7. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Qualifications:* High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
* Minimum 1 year experience in related field
* Experience in the delivery of small packages preferred.
* Previous customer experience preferred.
* Experience in use of pallet jacks, hand trucks preferred
* Experience using POD or tablet device in the scanning of customer products. Familiarity with scanner and GIS devices preferred.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency)
* Basic product knowledge.
* Knowledge of operation of power/mobile equipment.
* Ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and job literacy.
* Ability to perform work responsibilities independently, unsupervised in a customer business environment respective of their individual office operating policies and processes.
* Must have access to vehicle capable of transporting necessary equipment, two-wheeler and office supply orders from drop-point to end user.
* Maintain professional appearance
* Must communicate with supervisory staff if all deliveries and or pickups are not made
* Must be a team player, and be flexible in their day to day routine due to business needs and changes
* Demonstrate a commitment to Office Depot core values and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures
* Ability to transport single cartons up to 75 pounds as needed
* Ability to use manual pallet jacks, hand trucks
* Repetitive lifting
* Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, continuous walking including stairs
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .