Coordinator, Government Relations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
COORDINATOR, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
JOB ID 20162726 DATE POSTED 09/06/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Coordinator role will contribute to the Government Relations Department and Corporate Affairs planning in New York, and coordinate and organize efforts across departments within the jurisdiction as they pertain to government relations. The role will support interactions and interface with public and elected officials and their staff, government agencies and authorities (state and local), vendors and consultants, internal stakeholders, customers, and business and not-for-profit organizations with which National Grid regularly interacts.
The Coordinator will assist in coordinating, planning and scheduling department-wide activities and manage/report data and information necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish company and divisional goals, and support regulatory filings.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Effectively and efficiently manage Director s schedule and calendar for meetings, workshops and appointments; coordinate often complex and confidential executive meetings with internal/external stakeholders and customers,
* Compile and maintain highly confidential information and proprietary information/reports,
* Independently collate and analyze data using prescribed tools, methods and formats in order to support the department s decision making process,
* Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources, and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and consistent with corporate policies and processes,
* Produce information and reports for management to provide insight on constituent/public official issues for director and senior team members to manage and take action,
* Act as a primary point of contact, providing advice guidance and support to relevant third parties in order to ensure everyone is informed and aware of changes to contracts, schedules and decisions taken,
* Develop relationships with key external/internal stakeholders to explain and support the implementation of National Grid policies and processes and act as a first point of contact for stakeholders to provide support for broader departmental team,
* Monitor and/or assess working practices to ensure area of work is compliant with SHE policies and processes,
* Collate information and perform regular analyses (e.g., legislative activity/regulatory compliance) in order to ensure director and senior team members have accurate and up to date information as required, and
* Manage invoicing and processing of accounts receivable and payable for the department.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor s degree in a related area and up to 2 years of related experience, or 5-years equivalent work experience, with a preferred background in public policy/political science.
* Knowledge of relevant industry practices and legislation, and business and regulatory environment.
* Proficient in relevant software e.g., Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Understanding of key project management techniques and methods.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Sep 6, 2016, 8:45:22 AM
:Oct 6, 2016, 11:59:00 PM