Coordinator II- Order Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking a Coordinator- Order Management to join our world class team in Memphis, TN. The Coordinator will review and analyze job submittal documentation for pre-engineering and engineering New Installation (NI) and Modernization (MOD) traction and hydraulic models. Interface with general contractors, branch and sales staff to ensure proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
* Review and analyze documentation for use in the preparation of New Installation (NI) and Modernization (MOD) submittal data including job specifications, bid letter, quotation pricing and architectural drawings.
* Review and make necessary changes to quotation pricing based on specs and/or architectural drawings to ensure accuracy and completeness of data presented for submittal drawings.
* Prepare job status reports for interactive conference calls.
* Prepare accurate, timely release orders to suppliers to assure the precise equipment is delivered in accordance with the contract schedule.
* Correspond frequently with general contractors, branch and sales staff to ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
* Identify and resolve problems during the change management process.
* Coordinates pre-engineering and engineering hydros and traction for NI and MOD.
* Process jobs by requested onsite or ship date.
* Serves as back-up for booking jobs and creating job orders as needed.
* Enter and maintain data on mainframe and OM database.
* Maintain control system to distribute drawings to the proper department.
* Maintain system to report cost reduction projections.
* Maintain related forms and files.
* Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree, or Associate's Degree in a construction-related field is preferred; High School and/or Technical School is required.
* Three or more years of project coordination in a construction-related field is required.
* Requires a basic knowledge of updating SQDC.MDI boards.
* Project management skills are required.
* Strong customer service experience and abilities are required.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
* The ability to read, interpret and comprehend and organize technical drawings, specifications and procedure manuals is required.
* Must possess knowledge of commonly-used drafting concepts, practices and procedures.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
* Requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
* Must be organized and detail-oriented to manage multiple projects.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.