This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, is responsible for supervising hourly bargaining unit employees engaged in the daily maintenance activities. This includes supervision of assigned maintenance personnel to ensure the reliability for the production of high quality Portland cement products and assure all personnel follow safe work practices
* Supervise & train personnel assigned to the Maintenance department. Makes work assignments.
* Ensures that work is performed in a safe and timely manner.
* Counsels & disciplines employees according to established standards of performance, behavior, and attendance.
* Monitor all equipment and machinery to ensure proper operation. Responsible for routine maintenance of equipment.
* Responsible for the execution of all Preventive Maintenance Activities.
* Capable of communicating effective and efficiently in a professional manner.
* When conditions dictate, must exercise independent judgment. (i.e. to shut down malfunctioning equipment.)
* Ensures that all employees observe safe work rules.
* Maintains written records that ensure the payroll and overtime distribution list are kept in compliance.
* Capable of working with computers, learning SAP as our standard Computerized Maintenance System and use of basic Microsoft Office programs.
* Eager to continue learning and implementing new ideas for the improvement of the Maintenance Department.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
* Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
* Some exposure to dust, noise, and extreme temperatures.
* 1-5 years of progressive maintenance experience in large industrial manufacturing industry.