This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
The successful candidate will supervise and coordinate the activities of varied personnel involved in the daily operations of the plant as directed by the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures plant operations, quality control, and production performed by his/her crews meet or exceed the requirements outlined by the Operations Manager.
* Oversees operation of plant equipment in a safe and sustainable manner.
* Indicates when process parameters need to be altered to increase reliability, throughput, or reduce/increase labor.
* Motivates his/her employees to work safely and productively.
* Trains employees concerning operating procedures and equipment modifications and evaluates their skills, abilities, safety practices and behavior.
* Assigns work schedules and authorizes overtime and time-off as permitted by the needs of the department and in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Company Policies.
* Ensures that Production Department tools and equipment are in good working condition and that adequate stocks of consumables are maintained.
* Inspects the job site for unsafe working conditions and to ensure proper housekeeping.
* Ensures completion of required documentation such as shift logs, check-off lists, equipment inspection forms, safety inspection reports and safety meeting records.
* Ensures operation and safety inspection work orders are provided to Maintenance Dept. to promote equipment reliability.
* Ensures proper material handling consistent with quality objectives and troubleshoots process systems to determine why quality targets are not met.
* Receives and attempts to resolve grievances to the levels provided for by the CBA.
* Ensures adherence with the Company's Code of Conduct, General Policies, and Environmental, Health and Safety or will recommend disciplinary action for violation of the same.
* Conducts/attends weekly safety meetings.
* Completes other duties/projects as assigned in a timely manner.
* Supports, enforces, and complies with all company rules and policies.
* Develops job hazard analysis to improve safety practices.
* Verifies/corrects the employees timesheets for time worked, wages, etc.
* Leads the Production Department crews to comply with all applicable Environmental and Safety regulations.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated troubleshooting ability. Detail oriented and ability to set priorities and complete goals and objectives in a timely and orderly manner. Experience supervising Union and non-union employees. Demonstrated decision-making and leadership. Ability to work scheduled hours.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Three to five years experience in the cement making process or related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
B.S. degree in technical field is a plus.
Able to perform basic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, calculation of areas and volumes.
Able to recognize potentially hazardous situations, understand instructions given by supervisor, possess common sense.
MS Word, MS Excel, Kronos or eTime (or equivalent timesheet applications).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major functions and responsibilities of this job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job, nor shall they in any way limit the right of management to make work assignments or to direct the working force.
Cemex is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
Cemex es una instituci n EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acci n afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religin, discapacidad fsica o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientaci n sexual, infomaci n gentica, identidad de gnero, o expresi n de gnero en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.