Coordinator - Purchasing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sunoco fuel can be found in 27 states, and its brand recognized worldwide as the official racing fuel of NASCAR, INDYCAR, the National Hot Rod Association, the American Motorcyclist Association and more than 50 other racing series. Sunoco's commitment to performance and innovation continues, driving a new period of expansion.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership whose territory ranges from Maine to Hawaii, and we continue to expand. Sunoco LP that operates approximately 1,340 convenience stores (including APlus, Stripes, Aloha Island Mart and Tigermarket brands) and retail fuel sites, and distributes motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states at approximately 6,800 sites.
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) owns SUN's general partner and incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of companies controls approximately 71,000 miles of pipelines, supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco is about committing yourself to things that matter, including great customer service, quality performance, teamwork, integrity, and pride. At Sunoco we have a passion for creativity, new ideas and teamwork and we are looking for the best and brightest talent.
Develops documents and tests workflows with other departments and adopts them as a standard procedure.
* Places purchase orders and transforms purchase requests to purchase orders using standard costs and price lists, as appropriate, before sending purchase orders to manufacturers and/or distributors.
* Develops Maximo purchasing templates in cooperation with new stores and Finance, which requires reconciling blueprints with manufacturer specification sheets and price lists.
* Tracks and expedites open purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and assists other departments with delivery of their purchase orders.
* Develops equipment or parts specification comparisons and pricing for review.
* Searches for new equipment as requested using existing vendors and/or prospective new vendors using catalogs, the internet and vendor contacts.
* Prepares, collects and analyzes RFP's (request for proposal) and RFQ's (request for quotes) as requested.
* Maintains vendor and company cost information confidentially.
* Develops, maintains, and shares vendor contacts using Microsoft Outlook.
* Responds to request for information and purchase orders from multiple departments for equipment, parts and services as may be requested.
* Uses reports from Maximo and other resources to track project costs, direct and indirect to develop comprehensive project summaries.
* Develops Maximo reports to identify, track and summarize equipment operation and repair issues. Follows up with Maintenance to ensure timely repair timelines as determined by priority level assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
* BS degree in Business or related field experience
* Ability to write routine reports, financials summaries and general correspondence
* Data entry skills
* Proficient in all applications within Microsoft Office required
* Minimum of 2 years purchasing experience preferred