Coordinator Quality Management 9/11/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 03360-16497
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley with two locations in San Jose, California and Mission Oaks in Los Gatos, California. Good Samaritan is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques.
Schedule: 1.0 (40 hours per week), SHIFT: Days, Monday - Friday (no weekends)
INTERNAL POSTING PERIOD: September 7, 2016 - September 14, 2016
Under the supervision of the Quality Manager and according to general policies and procedures, the Quality Management Coordinator facilitates performance improvement activities for medical staff and hospital departments and is responsible for the computer applications and data management functions for the Quality Department.
Minimum job criteria including educational requirements, licensure, registration, certification and equivalencies, and work experience. All education and degrees must be from an accredited institution.
* BA/BS preferred
* Current CA RN license or other healthcare license preferred
* CPHQ certification preferred
* Three Years current experience in quality, risk management or related clinical experience within the acute care hospitals setting required.
* Familiarity with medical record coding and abstracting processes preferred
* Working knowledge of computer operations such as spreadsheet development, database management and word processing required.
* Experience with clinical data management systems such as Meditech, HBOC, etc. preferred or must have ability to be trained within 90 days.
* Skills and Abilities:
* Analytical skills necessary in order to handle non-routine, moderately complex administrative details.
* Perform moderately complex administrative duties such as coordinating meetings and conferences, budget development, complex computer and database management skills, and interacting with system-wide with callers, patients, and the public.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
* Ability to effectively manage, analyze and display data required.
* Superior telephone, communication, and interpersonal skills to interact effectively and positively with people. Ability to show understanding, patience, and tact when dealing with physicians, staff, and the public.
* Recognition and proper security of sensitive, confidential and legal issues essential.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to maintain collaborative and collegial relationships at all levels of the organization.
* Computer literate with in-depth knowledge, experience to operate word processing, data bases, graphics, and spreadsheets in order to generate reports. Ability to learn and operate Krono s, Meditech, Excel, Word and a patient care management systems.
* Ability to read and write in order to proof and edit non-routine correspondence, tables, forms and the like for punctuation, spelling, grammar and typographical errors and draft correspondence, perform arithmetic calculations, and maintain record keeping and filing systems at a level normally acquired through completion of high school.
* Ability to work independently, exercise judgment, follow instructions and maintain a high level of professional conduct.
* Proficient in statistical and narrative typing. Able to type 65 wpm.
Last Edited: 10/27/2016