This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONSears Content Curation & Creation Team - Desktop & Mobile
Position Type: Full time
Office: Downtown Chicago
Sears Holdings Corp needs a versatile, independent copywriter to help deliver projects that build brand on our websites, mobile apps and special projects. From SEO enrichment to user experience flows, the Content Curation & Creation Desktop & Mobile Team helps shoppers find what they want, make the purchase as smooth as possible and help to clarify all user interactions.
From the homepage through to checkout, you will be responsible for implementing SEO best practices on our product pages, developing messaging platforms, crafting navigational and promotional language, and advancing brand profiles for both Sears and Kmart.
You will work with editors, product managers, project managers, UX designers, visual designers, web developers and others to kickoff projects, better understand requirements and deliver ideas and messages that improve engagement, conversion, customer satisfaction and the overall customer experience.Our ideal candidate:* Helps drive commerce and revenue through quality, concise communications that build dialogues and relationships with customers.
* Leverages complex ideas, industry data, business requirements and user testing to develop smart, relevant consumer-facing copy
* Owns and executes brand-building messaging on multiple high profile projects at a time
* Thinks beyond the messaging to problem solve the experience touch points required to build a meaningful bond with our user
* Is a ruthless editor who finds brevity an essential tool in the UX toolbox
* Uses persuasion and persistence to advocate for the user at all stages of the project
* Has the confidence to ask the right questions when writing to wireframes or designs
* Understands and applies brand standards, web content development methodology, AP Style and SEO principles
* Maintains a focus on projects across channels in the user experience and works to improve consistency
* Presents copy, concepts and ideas to copywriter managers and other stakeholder and acts on their feedback to improve copy language, efficiency and effectiveness
* Thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a good handle on Agile methodology
* Possesses strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Minimum of 5 years experience planning, writing, and editing copy in a professional capacity for B2C & Web projects
* Bachelors or graduate degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Visual Communications, Advertising, or a related field