This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
JLL is seeking a talented copywriter to develop on-target messaging across various business lines and channels. Candidates must combine superior writing and proofreading skills with the ability to work within brand standards. The role will report into the Midwest region s marketing department.
The candidate will effectively translate JLL solutions into compelling, professional written narratives that contribute toward winning proposals. This requires the capability to write with a consistent and persuasive voice, while articulating a winning strategic message. Additionally this role is responsible for generating original copy that meets described requirements and grabs the attention of the target audience. This includes, but is not limited to, creating headlines, slogans, body copy, email copy, proposal copy, creative copy and scripts. This role will be expected to work on multiple projects, serving multiple stakeholders and business lines simultaneously.
Candidates should be able to manage their own workflow to meet demanding deadlines while interacting seamlessly with internal teams to keep projects on schedule. Candidate may also be asked to interact with clients during the content development stage for various materials. Position requires copyediting and proofreading of all materials prior to internal stakeholder and client review. Accuracy is essential. The copywriter, creative team are accountable for checking that all content being produced is truthful, and complies with brand guidelines for style, appearance, and best practices of JLL.
* Meeting with internal stakeholders to discuss core messages
* Becoming familiar with internal business lines, target audiences (internal or external) and competitor activities in the market in order to craft appropriate messaging
* Writing various copy options, which may be presented to the stakeholder or client as a storyboard or pitched verbally
* Modifying copy until the stakeholder or client is satisfied
* Interfacing with various stakeholders through the production phase
* Support copy development for web, digital, and video initiatives
* Brainstorming various options for naming exercises
* Ability to think visually and work with designers to create highly effective communications
* Collaborating with other teams within marketing and research to create compelling copy
* Developing copy across all media and formats, customized to the expectations of said format print, online, social, advertising, business development, presentations, etc.
* Proofreading all assignments at all phases of execution
* Providing support and assistance in researching specific projects
* Developing and editing content for predominantly B-to-B communications
* Staying continually informed and "in the know" regarding real estate trends and behaviors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s Degree in Communication, Journalism, or related field
* 2 5 years experience within a corporate or agency environment as a copywriter
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Ability to interface with high-level executives, present ideas, and garner feedback
* Excellent decision-making abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation
* Highly organized with a keen eye for detail
* Proficient writer with the ability to adapt tone, voice and style to meet established needs
* Knowledge of MS Word, Adobe Design Suite (Specifically InDesign and/or In Copy) a plus
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43007BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.