Core Analyst I - Temporary
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CORE ANALYST I
Qualified applicants must perform laboratory testing with emphasis on Petrophysical Work, Rock Mechanics and/or Flow Studies. Must be familiar with and able to utilize Laboratory Instruments effectively. Qualified applicants must be able to interpret scientific data, perform mathematical and scientific computations, maintain laboratory notebooks, be comfortable in a laboratory environment, and check for accuracy. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Recording operating data from laboratory equipment including flow pumps, pressure transducers and gauges, scales and balances, resistivity monitors, and basic laboratory glassware.
* Working independently on projects while maintaining a team atmosphere with other technicians.
* Communicating data and results with supervisors and clients in a clear manner.
* Researches the formation, dissolution, and content of rock layers.
* Applicants may be required to perform administrative duties related to project management include software management, sample management and technical report writing. Field work is required to obtain material for testing. Overtime work and various shifts may be required in order to meet the needs of the business and of our customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A bachelor's degree in Geology or related science is preferred. Should have knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to develop laboratory testing systems designed for simulating reservoir behaviors. Preferred a strong emphasis on logical and mechanical reasoning in a laboratory environment. Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, management and other employees of the organization. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical and scientific journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and calculate area, circumference and volume. Ability to compute rate, ration and percent and interpret various graphs used to analyze data. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of geological data problems. Ability to deal with formulas, scientific equations, and graphs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes, or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.