Core Applications Product Manager 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly talented Product Manager to be part of our dynamic team & lead a new category of SaaS solutions targeted towards improving the safety and productivity of blue collar work groups. Our Product Managers have to work closely with engineering to guide products from conception to launch, and with our business partners to generate profitable revenue streams. He/She must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. Our product managers spend time with customers, partners and sales teams to understand target customer needs and issues, and find innovative solutions for existing and new market segments. The Product Manager will stay on top of current trends & competition and develop long term plans for the success of the product line. He or she will work with Engineering to help define or refine product requirements. The Product Manager will work with Sales and Marketing Support to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. The Product Manager will also serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, working with the sales channel and key clients.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
* Specifying market requirements for products by incorporating market research and competitive analysis.
* Help prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short
- and long-term releases.
* Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
* Develop and when necessary deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences
* Work closely with Product Owners & engineering to define product strategy and release execution.
* Occasionally work with 3rd party OEM/JDM vendors.
* Work closely with marketing to define product positioning and key value proposition.
* Support sales and business development teams to drive product adoption.
* Conduct ongoing competitive analysis to identify strategies for sustainable differentiation.
* Bachelor's Degree or above preferably with an MBA or relevant work experience
* 10+ years experience in Product Management or other roles in product development, product marketing, or field support in a software oriented business. Experience in a B2B SaaS company will be an advantage.
Qualities and Attributes:
* Exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of engineering, sales, marketing and senior management.
* A self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role.
* Highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships.
* Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary in an agile environment
* Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details.
* Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact, drive consensus and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism.
* Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
* Team player attitude is mandatory.
* Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary.
5 - 10
* Bachelor s Degree * 10+ years experience in Product Management or other roles in product development product marketing or field support in a software oriented business. Experience in a B2B SaaS company will be an advantage.