Core Technologies Engineer - Metal Stamping NA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONCore Technologies Engineer - Metal Stamping NA
Position ID: req5173
Sector: Global Operations
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Plant, Springfield, 1100 Industrial Drive, Springfield, TN 37172-3325 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/31/2016
Ensure the implementation of best in class, standardized and optimized solutions for the industrialization of metal stamped and metal formed components for household appliances, with high attention to product Quality and manufacturing Cost.
Areas of competence: metal stamping tooling, metal forming automatic lines, metal stamping presses and related automation.
As part of the Global Common Core Technologies Team, this is a position with transversal responsibilities, offering to the candidate the possibility of gaining experience across the different factories of the Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Be the regional reference person for the industrialization of metal components, with the role of Project Leader.
* Participation in manufacturing engineering projects within Electrolux Plants.
* Perform the manufacturability analysis of New Products in the area of metal stamped and metal formed parts, identifying part criticalities, and interpreting results of formability simulations.
* Perform cost calculations for the production of metal parts.
* Analyse productive capacity of metal stamping and metal forming lines inside the factories and identify areas for efficiency improvement.
* Prepare technical specifications for tooling and metal forming equipment, including safety and environmental requirements, according to Global Manufacturing Engineering guidelines.
* Perform Business Case Analysis and Investment Requests.
* Be the interface with toolmakers and technical purchasing (CAPEX) during the complete acquisition and development process of new tooling and equipment. Prepare required documentation for supplier tender and Sourcing Board decision.
* Supervise tooling and equipment installation in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance.
* Propose technological innovations in the fields of competence.
* Preferred: Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* At least 5 years of experience in metal fabrication processes (metal stamping tooling design, acquisition, start up, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Deep practical knowledge in metal forming tooling design and construction techniques.
* Deep knowledge of metal processability and formability.
* Knowledge of metal forming simulation tools will be considered a plus.
* Willingness to travel within the Electrolux Major Appliances NA factories and internationally.
* Good analytical and methodical problem solving skills.
* Good command of CATIA software will be considered a plus.
* Ability to work in multicultural teams, open and innovative mind set.
* Goal-oriented, persevering, focused on quality.
* Self organized, able to share attention between short and long term goals.
* Friendly personality, open for cooperation with other people.
* Language: English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.