Corporate Accountant - Financial Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Banking and Financial Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONCORPORATE ACCOUNTANT - FINANCIAL REPORTING
Financial Reporting & Accounting Policies Group
Financial Reporting & Accounting Policies group is responsible for monthly management reporting, quarterly reporting to the parent company, regulatory filings, and preparation of annual US GAAP financial statements and footnotes.
We also serve as the primary liaison with external auditors and are responsible for a number of complex accounting processes, including investments, share-based payments, and consolidation.
Accounting policies responsibilities of our group include monitoring of emerging accounting and regulatory standards, technical accounting research, and formulation of significant accounting policies.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
* Work on the monthly close process
* Perform analytical review procedures to assess reasonableness of financial statements
* Preparation of monthly management reporting package
* Preparation of regulatory reports and monitoring of regulatory capital requirements
* Preparation of quarterly reporting package to parent company
* Assist with preparation of US GAAP financial statements and footnotes
* Work closely with external auditors during the annual audit
* Assist with researching accounting issues and formulation of significant accounting policies
* Special projects and process improvement projects as identified
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
* Accounting degree required, CPA PREFERRED
* 1-2 years minimum relevant work experience
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Strong Microsoft Office skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must be detail oriented
* Expected to maintain an extremely high degree of accuracy
* High degree of motivation and desire to learn new skills
* Willingness to challenge current processes with desire to improve
* Self-starter and ability to work independently while handling multiple tasks
* Wants to understand the reasons underlying a process or procedure