Corporate Accounting Manager 9/3/2016
Manufacturing / Diversified Company
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Corporate Accounting Manager is responsible for leading a team of accounting staff to effectively manage the consolidated Balance Sheet and Income statement, Global A/R, US A/P, Fixed Assets and financial control systems. This position is also responsible for providing timely financialreporting, financial analysis and hedging compliance. Management of these processes must be consistent and in alignment with the mission of the Finance team.
* Lead team responsible for Consolidated Financial Statement.
* Develop, implement, monitor, and constantly improve financial control systems which ensure that the Company's assets are adequately controlled, protected, and deployed.
* Lead and support efforts for Corporate financial analysis and reporting, monthly closing and U.S. fixed asset accounting.
* Consolidation of all Subsidary Balance Sheet and Income Statements with US in order to publish consolidated results.
* Coordinate the year end audit and tax return process with the external auditors.
* Manage the global A/R process and staff.
* Manage the US A/P process and staff.
* Manage all US Tax Compliance.
* Responsible for cash management, debt management, hedging settlements and compliance.
* Assist the Corporate Controller in developing strategic and operating plans and to employ the best technology for providing accurate, timely and innovation financial performance information for decision making.
* Exhibit a high level of understanding and competency utilizing the Company's ERP system.
* Actively support and lead to our PBL principles, 10 Commitments and 8 People Principles, respectfully serving as a key representative of the management team.
* Coaching & Development - assist each direct report in identifying areas that need improvement and coach them on ways to make positive changes.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
* CPA designation preferred
* 3-5 years of experience in Accounting required - preferrably in a CPA firm or a manufacturing environment.
* Strong understanding of US GAAP and consolidation accounting
* Excellent communication, people, written and presentation skills
* Strong commitment to a team environment
* Self-motivated and effective in time management