Corporate Communications Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Corporate Communications Manager
Corporate Communications Manager K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The Corporate Communications Manager will be responsible for supporting the company s external communications initiatives by assisting in the development and management of messages and stories that showcase students, families, teachers and schools that participate in online education programs with K12. The successful candidate will be a creative, inspiring writer who is naturally prolific, attentive to detail, highly organized and can work under pressure. This person should be an ambitious, hands-on, storyteller who can help create compelling human interest stories and place them through savvy earned media strategies. The position has a very large role in promoting K12 s vision, culture, brand identity and being a proponent for online schools to an external audience.
AS A CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, YOU WILL . . .
* Assist in the creation, and drive the execution, of innovative communications campaigns, messages and tactics across external communications channels.
* Assist in the development of creative, effective approaches to showcasing student, family, teacher and school stories being mindful of the needs of several different audiences.
* Assist in the development and hands-on management of social media strategies.
* Provide communications counsel and support for schools and a diverse group of functions across the organization.
* Craft messages for K12 executives, school leadership and other employees; including speeches, letters to the editor, Op-eds, blogs, video scripts, presentations, and other written messages for external use.
* Work with schools and public relations agencies to surface stories that showcase school, teacher and student excellence. Support the packaging of these stories for distribution through online, print and broadcast media.
* Write, edit, generate ideas and develop content on a variety of topics to drive ongoing conversation for K12, school partners and products.
* Leverage earned media through multiple channels, including social media.
* Partner closely with marketing and advocacy teams to support state-specific initiatives.
* Help develop, analyze and report on the effectiveness of public relations efforts.
* Assist in the management of media relations, including responses to press inquiries.
* Assist in the development and implementation of communications strategies and programs that protect and promote K12 s reputation as an industry leader and innovator.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* 5 - 10 years of experience of related experience. Knowledge of the education industry a plus.
* 4 Year College Degree in Journalism, English or Communications; Graduate degree preferred.
* Excellent writing skills that go beyond simply connecting words. Demonstrated writing ability in a Public Relations, Corporate Communication setting or journalistic background - Newsroom experience, agency experience and/or executive level speechwriting a plus.
* Hands on knowledge of social media strategies that support a public relations campaign effort.
* Experience working with public relations agencies, development of corporate and familiarity with special event planning and coordination a plus.
* Strong attention to detail and excellent proofreading abilities to ensure editorial quality control.
* Excellent time management, analytical, decision making and organizational skills.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; particularly PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365 a plus.
* Comfortable engaging with executive leaders and teams across business units and collaborating with teams and individuals in different geographical locations
* Willing to roll up one's sleeves and get work done, even when at times it's outside the scope of the job.
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend