This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCORPORATE CONTROLLER
* The Controller position directs financial affairs of an organization. Prepares financial analysis of operations for guidance of management. Establishes economic objectives and policies. Prepares company reports outlining income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations. Develops and establishes accounting policies and procedures. Assists and reviews the preparation of budgets, cost accounting, financial forecasts, and other necessary reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Review annual audit to assure compliance.
* Maintain internal controls for accounting function.
* Coordination with CPA firm for audited financial statements and tax returns.
* Assist with preparation of annual forecasts and monthly budgets.
* Supervision of Cost Accounting Staff.
* Research, develop, and implement procedures conforming to GAAP. CPA needed to do this function.
* Work with divisions on issues ranging from corporate policy, governmental requirements, personnel issues, and software utilization.
* Responsible for month end close and analysis of financial results.
* Responsible for annual tax filings and corporate returns.
* Balance Sheet management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting (B. A. or B.S.) from a college or university; Masters or Advanced Degree is preferred.
* Five (5) to Seven (7) years related experience.
* Preferred experience at a Big 4 Auditing Firm.
* CPA certification required.