Corporate Controller 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A rapidly growing, national firm (headquarted in the Southeast) in the transportation industry is seeking a Corporate Controller. Duties will include overseeing accounting operations of the company including production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records system, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets to ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
* Overall supervision and direction of staff in the Accounting Department.
* Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
* Maintain and audit company financial records.
* Create, analyze, and oversee budgets and forecasting systems.
* Perform duties related to accounting, preparation of government audits, taxes, and financial planning.
* Audit accounts for errors, misinformation, fraud, and overspending.
* Report financial information to management.
* Effective review and approval of Payroll Department general ledger interface entries and reports.
* Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash flow management.
* Identify and investigate variances.
* Participate in strategic planning, fraud prevention, and budget development.
* Train staff on pertinent management reporting methods and requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
* CPA Certificate required
* 5+ years related experience in full cycle accounting
* 3+ years management and supervisory experience
* Experience working in an accounting firm, strongly preferred
* Expert user of Microsoft Office products and other financial software tools
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* High level of people skills with ability to motivate employees to consistently perform
* $110,000+ per year (Commensurate with credentials and experience.)