This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Compass Group - Restaurant Associates
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONBecome part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a New York City leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates' commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you about Restaurant Associates' dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations' fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
We currently seek a reputable CONTROLLER for one of our multi-faceted locations. The ideal candidate will share in our belief in the quality value of delivering superior hospitality to our premier clients.
The successful candidate should posses savvy business skills, be a highly motivated professional, with proven ability to establish excellent working relationships with various team members. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
* Responsible for all cash handling procedures
* Perform reconciliation and analysis for several balance sheet accounts
* Analyze financial results for both internal and external use
* Track and maintain monthly P/L and balance sheet activity
* Develop forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities
* Review of general ledger and balance sheet
* Resolving various accounting/reconciliation issues
* Financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, internal and external audit reporting, report preparation and distribution
* Maintain inventory and cost control procedures
* Payroll and Human Resources administration
* Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent professional experience
* A minimum of 5 years experience with revenue control, financial reporting and cash handling responsibilities
* Accounting experience in foodservice or retail industry required, foodservice operations experience a plus
* Ability to prepare monthly financial statements, key metric reports, budgets, forecasts, cash flow projections and analyses
* Adept at planning, organizing and controlling complex processes as well as analyzing moderately complex financial information
* Experience with POS, cash and credit card reports.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Skilled at managing multiple priorities and relationships
* Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration in Excel
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
* Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
CHARLOTTE-BASED COMPASS GROUP NORTH AMERICA is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one - to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business - from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it's our GREAT PEOPLE providing GREAT SERVICE that generates our GREAT RESULTS. In turn, it's important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential.
GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT SERVICE. GREAT RESULTS.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you're looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry's best.
ACHIEVING LEADERSHIP IN THE FOODSERVICE INDUSTRY
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.