Corporate Controller 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
Iconic Group captures many of the most defining moments in consumers' lives and is a leader in the education, endurance sport and retail experiential photography segments. The company provides professional photography services at 10,000events and 30,000 shoot dates, taking 53 million consumer images per year under the GradImages, University Photo, WorldWide Photography, MarathonFoto and Backprint brands. Through its unparalleled network of 2,000 photographers and leading edge technology, the company is the best in the business at handling some of the biggest and most complex events across the globe.
The Corporate Controller role is tasked with providing reliable and timely financial statements, financial scorecards and other metrics that meet the needs of the management team and the investors. This role will also be called upon to work with the company's bankers and outside advisors (legal, tax, external audit) to ensure proper controls and procedures are in place to adequately safeguard the company's assets. The Corporate Controller will provide leadership for all financial and managerial accounting, compliance and risk management activities. As part of our team, you play a shared role in our success, working alongside a team of gifted and driven individuals who exemplify our CORE values: Entrepreneurial, Mature, Intellectually Curious, Ethical, Collaborative, A Master of Relationships.
The Corporate Controller will report directly to the CFO. Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller will be an Accounting Manager and a Treasury Manager. Additionally, 5-10 team members from the accounting and payroll team will report up to the Corporate Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Corporate Controller will be responsible for the overall accounting, reporting, treasury and payroll functions for the company. Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
* Ensuring accounting policies and procedures are consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("GAAP") and maintain/implement strong internal controls.
* Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of financial statements. Prepares financial analysis including MD&A, key performance metrics and debt agreement compliance schedules.
* Participate and lead the quarterly review and annual year-end audit process with the external auditors.
* Maintaining strong relations with outside advisors (private equity contacts, bank contacts, tax advisors, legal personnel, outside auditors) and ensure timely and accurate compliance with bank reporting.
* Is responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
* Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting and tracking capital expenditures to ensure compliance with the capital budget.
* Assists with treasury management activities including corporate banking and investment management, and allocate funds between entities. Overseeing cash flowreporting and forecasts to ensure adequate cash flow and cash balances in order to fund operations and have a clear picture of the overall cash flow situation.
* Ensuring balance sheet reviews are done monthly. Continuously working to streamline accounting cycle and time necessary to close each period.
* Be able to manage work load, organize and work through peak season demands of respective business segments.
* Attracting, developing, leading and managing a high performing accounting team.
* Assist, along with the CFO and the corporate finance team, in preparation of the company's annual budget.
* Assists with potential strategic transactions, or other related financial transactions.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
* Must be a CPA, active license preferred.
* Master's degree highly preferred.
* 10-15years of progressive finance and accounting experience.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics General Ledger package preferred.
* Must be team-oriented, mature, and able to resolve conflict.
* Must have desire and ability to train, develop and manage people.
* Ability to focus on details but also see the big picture.
* Strong leadership skills.
* High degree of intelligence and a quick learner.
* A results-focused and action-oriented attitude.
* An analytical mind with problem solving style.
* Willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
* High level of self-confidence and entrepreneurial style yet willing to check ego at the door--must have a "down to earth" style.