Corporate Counsel - Contracts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently looking for a CORPORATE COUNSEL - CONTRACTS in BOSTON, MA.
We have been rated by Forbes as one of the best small companies to work for. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
The Corporate Counsel - Contracts will provide in-house counsel and has responsibility for a broad range of commercial matters for the company. Particular areas of focus include but are not limited to contract preparation and review, records management, and general risk assessment and mitigation.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* CONTRACTS. Prepares and examines numerous contracts and other legal documents, with an emphasis in the areas of marketing, sponsorships, promotions, social media, sales analytics, consultants, raw materials and ingredients, capital equipment, trucking, warehousing, IT, and office services. Develops and updates standard contract forms, such as PO terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements, and the like. Oversees management of the contracts database. Provides general legal advice to company employees and management on contractual risk assessment and mitigation. Partners with co-workers to assess business practicality of contracts. Works closely with Procurement Team on contract negotiations.
* REAL ESTATE. Drafts, reviews and negotiates LOIs, leases, lease amendments and purchase and sale agreements. Supports due diligence efforts regarding property leases or acquisitions. Analyzes and makes recommendations on matters involving Landlord/Tenant disputes.
* RECORDS MANAGEMENT. Oversees and administers the Companys records management policy and document retention program. Provides leadership, direction, planning, supervision and overall management of the Companys records management program for both on-and off-site records storage.
* GENERAL LEGAL SUPPORT. Responsible for providing general legal support. Examples include but are not limited to reviewing and establishing company policies, performing legal trainings, legal research, special project support, and litigation support.
* SUPPORT OTHER TOPIC AREAS. Provide backup support in areas such as intellectual property, advertising compliance, releases, trade practice, ERISA and insurance.
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
* Membership in good standing of the Massachusetts Bar, Notary Public
* At least 5 years experience in commercial law with a focus on contracts drafting, review and interpretation.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task, multi-project environment with various internal business partners under time constraints and deadlines.
* Ability to work in situations and on assignments in areas of the law or business that may be unfamiliar. Strong attention to detail, legal research skills, computer skills, organizational skills, and communication skills (written and verbal).
* Previous in-house or law firm experience in contract drafting and review. Familiarity with alcohol-beverage industry. Exposure to broad range of topic areas.
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance