This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSpecific Responsibilities
The Corporate Legal Group at Gilead is seeking an experienced life sciences transactional/licensing attorney who thrives in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative corporate environment to join its team.
Responsibilities will include (i) being the primary point of contact on legal contract issues for one or more Gilead departments; (ii) drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents in support of a broad range of client groups which may include R&D, Medical Affairs, Commercial Operations, Access Operations and Emerging Markets, and Corporate Development ; (iii) providing legal contractual support for certain of the company s existing collaborations and partnerships, including with third party licensees; (iv) developing and revising standard form agreements and implementing processes and procedures for review and approval of day-to-day business agreements; (v) training internal clients on contract forms and procedures; and (vi) working with our IP group in a corporate litigation support function as needed.
The person in this position will, among other things:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts, including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, material transfer agreements, funded research agreements, license agreements, development and supply agreements and various vendor services agreements.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts.
- Advise Gilead s internal clients on contract interpretation, dispute resolution, IP ownership and other legal risks.
- Advise contract specialists on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based documents.
- Provide legal advice and support for existing alliances and partnerships.
- Work with Gilead s Corporate Development team and other departments within the company to conduct and coordinate due diligence efforts in licensing and M&A transactions.
- As needed, draft and negotiate licensing and M&A agreements.
- As needed, provide general legal support to Gilead s international access operations and emerging markets team on a variety of issues related to the registration, marketing and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
Willingness and ability to work with and coordinate activities across a large number of individuals across various departments in a rapidly expanding company, not only within the company s headquarters in Foster City, but also throughout the company s domestic and international subsidiaries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa.
Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
Ability to think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive issues to closure.
Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
Mentor and train contract specialists in the Corporate Legal department.
Ability to work independently and as a team.