Corporate Counsel 8/26/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
Gensler is seeking a self-motivated Corporate Counsel Generalist to join its Legal and Risk Management Studio. Reporting to the Senior Counsel, Corporate Legal, use your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work collaboratively with various functions and levels across Gensler s global platform.
What You Will Do
* Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements, including technology licensing agreements, professional services agreements, NDAs and other vendor agreements
* Manage intellectual property portfolio and provide advice and training on intellectual property law, including copyright, trademark and patent matters
* Research and provide analysis and recommendations relating to global architectural licensing and regulatory compliance
* Establish domestic and international subsidiaries and branch offices
* Maintain corporate records and handle general corporate governance and compliance matters
* Active bar admission in California
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in general corporate and commercial matters (in a law firm and/or corporate legal department)
* Significant experience establishing and maintaining corporate entities, including Board and shareholder actions and meetings
* Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to work with various functions and levels within an organization
* Self-motivated, flexible, positive
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.