Corporate Counsel, Securities and Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 6/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.T-Mobile US, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an attorney to join its Legal Team and work at its corporate headquarters in Bellevue, WA.The Corporate Counsel will work as a key member of the Corporate Governance, Securities and Finance team (currently, a VP, Senior Director, Director and Senior Corporate Counsel). S/he will work closely with this team in structuring, closing and administering strategic corporate finance transactions and assisting with all aspects of T-Mobile's governance and disclosure functions.2+ years overall business experience in a corporate or law office environmentMinimum 2 years, prefer 5+ years of experience as a business attorney, with relevant in-house and/or top law firm transitional experienceIf supervising direct reports, must have minimum 1 year experience mentoring/leading/coaching others successfullyAble to lead projects and other initiatives with little supervisionMust have experience with researching complex legal mattersAbility to mentor and lead others informally in areas of expertiseExcellent written and oral communication skillsA demonstrated ability to collaborate with other legal and business professionals in a complex organization with a focus on delivering results efficientlyStrong analytical, negotiation, and drafting skillsKeen business sense with strong judgment, negotiation, drafting and decision making skillsAbility to operate independently and effectively in a dynamic environmentAbility to work with a variety of personalities across the business organization Strong prioritization skills, and execution and results orientation with customer focusAbility to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environmentDesire and ability to work as part of a teamHigh School Diploma/GEDJD from an accredited university with outstanding academic credentials
* LI-GA-SH2Provide deal support and corporate governance and securities support for corporate finance transactions, including secured and unsecured loan facilities, high yield debt offerings, securitizations, capital leases, vendor financings and other capital market transactionsManage periodic compliance reviews of corporate finance transactionsAssist with preparation and submission of SEC filings, proxy statement and annual shareholder meeting materials
- Assist with management of the company's legal disclosure obligations and the company's day-to-day governance and securities functions Draft, review and revise board and committee resolutions Manage the corporate parent and subsidiary structure and restructures Work with outside counsel on corporate finance transactions and other corporate governance/securities support for strategic transactions and ventures Review and revise corporate governance documents, including corporate governance guidelines, committee charters and insider trading policies Assist with compliance with all applicable securities laws and regulations, stock exchange rules, and related regulatory compliance activitiesResearch and advise on complex issues relating to product and financing initiatives Provide overall strategic insight and meaningful contributions within T-Mobile's Legal team Qualifications:
* 3+ years practicing corporate finance, governance and securities law in a top tier law firm and/or public company environments. Both preferred.
* 3+ years of experience practicing corporate finance law preferred, knowledge of securitizations and accounting aspects of corporate finance transactions a plus
* General corporate governance experience including; preparation of corporate governance documents, including corporate governance guidelines, committee charters and insider trading policies as well as preparation of proxy statements and annual shareholder meeting materials.
* Knowledge of and experience with the federal and state securities laws, corporate securities and stock exchange procedures
* Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, lead strategically and advance innovative solutions
* Exceptional business and legal acumen; ability to identify and diagnose legal problems and articulate creative and practical solutions and alternatives
* U.S. law degree and license to practice law in at least one stateWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .