Corporate Development Project Manager (option as Contractor)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Great Wolf Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Project Manager -- Great Wolf Lodge of Georgia will coordinate Great Wolf Resorts stakeholder and project teams through the implementation process through the entire schedule of the project including design, construction and opening. As the primary internal customer contact, this role is essential to achieving stakeholder alignment and the integration of feedback/guidance through the build out and communication of timelines, milestones, decision lead times, and status updates. This role will work very closely with the broader development team and corporate departments including legal, operations, marketing, communications, and finance/accounting to ensure all stakeholders are in lock-step throughout all phases of project implementation. Key performance metrics revolve around internal customer alignment and satisfaction, budget compliance, scheduling accuracy and project cycle time, and process rigor.
* Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Coordinate and drive the project management process for the project, including project planning, meeting preparation and documentation; resource scheduling and coordination for cross-functional planning, design, and implementation; ownership and updating of the master schedule/calendar; status meetings and issues resolution; asset go-live, and closeout of each project line item, including post-mortem.
* Serve as liaison between the architect, contractors and Great Wolf stakeholder teams.
* Work with the Great Wolf stakeholder team to develop a detailed timeline and communication plan; establish guidelines, document scope, confirm responsibilities and obtain buy-in from all appropriate parties.
* Lead and document status and project update meetings and communicate regular status updates to the Great Wolf stakeholder team.
* Monitor and the construction progress and resolve design and construction issues working with the project team.
* Inspect the work as it progresses against the design plans for compliance and quality.
* Track the projects progress against the master schedule and report on schedule delays.
* Work with local regulators on permitting and approvals for the resort.
* Review cost and time extension proposals and provide recommendations.
* Review progress billings from project team members and comply with all lender payment requirements.
* Integrate and oversee Great Wolf direct specialty vendors, suppliers and contractors.
* Work closely with Great Wolf procurement on furnishing selection and installation for the resort.
* Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
At least 10 years of proven working experience in commercial construction management, preferably in the hospitality and entertainment industry.
Experience with projects in the $50 to $100 million+ range.
Detailed knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
Understanding of all facets of the construction process.
Exceptional planning, negotiating, attention to detail and conflict resolution skills.
BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft project.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize dynamic workload for multiple, concurrent projects to meet scheduled completion dates, revenue commitments and customer expectations.
Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills.
Prior experience working in project management or construction with hospitality and entertainment properties.
Lift and carry up to 30 lbs., sit and/or stand long periods.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled