Corporate Development Sr. Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorporate Development Sr. Associate
Equinix s Corporate Development team is looking to hire a Senior Associate. M&A has been a critical driver of growth at Equinix and this position is an excellent way to be part of a rapidly growing publicly listed company that lies at the intersection of technology and real estate. The role is a high visibility role needing the individual to be passionate about our business and culture. The ideal candidate must have an intrinsic drive to excel in a collaborative, team first manner.
* Assist with Strategic Game board Discussions on an ongoing basis as well as during the Company s Annual Strategy Process
* Actively follow and analyze deal activity in areas of interest to Equinix; Summarize and provide updates on a regular basis
* Support adhoc review of acquisition, Joint Venture, Strategic Partnerships and Equity Investment opportunities.
* Support development of M&A thesis (the "why") in support of Strategy with the Business Unit Heads
* Develop ad-hoc models as needed to assist Corporate FP&A and Treasury Teams with scenarios analysis and capital raising
* In an active transaction
* Assist with developing transaction execution timelines on buyside / sellside M&A Processes
* Assist with coordinating due diligence sessions with target company management, external investment advisors and cross functional teams from Equinix. Tracks and manages diligence requests; Supports identification of deal issues and works with teams to resolve
* Develops operational models and synergy forecasts for targets with regional FP&A support.
* Supports development of deal valuation frameworks such as (1) valuation analysis based on comparable companies, precedent transactions, discounted cash flow and related investment returns (2) organic vs. inorganic options comparison (3) accretion / dilution and other pro-forma metrics
* Support Treasury Teams in models needed for Capital Raising associated with a transaction
* Assists in planning communications at close of a transaction as well as support through various hand-offs to Business Integration Team Leads and various Finance Teams
* Supports development and maintenance of core infrastructure for the M&A Team such as
* Transaction and Trading Comparable database
* Review past transactions to see whether strategic and investment objectives for the deal / investment were met
* Support development of Best Practices, Standardize Diligence Lists, M&A Playbooks, etc
* Assist with development of executive staff and board presentation materials on an as needed basis
* Support ad hoc projects as assigned from the Strategy and Real Estate Development Teams (also part of Equinix Corporate Development)
* Strong academic background
* Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in Top Tier Investment Banking or Private Equity or Corporate Development is a must
* Background in Technology Sector, Data Centers and / or Telecom preferred
* Experience in Financial Analysis and Modelling
* Proficiency in Excel and Power Point
* Strong work ethic with a willingness to roll up your sleeves is an absolute must
* Willingness and enthusiasm to build relationships across organization
* Ability to deliver well thought out, accurate, work product on time and under pressure
The interview process is rigorous and will involve submitting a video response to a questionnaire, in person consulting case studies and developing a financial model.