Corporate Development Sr. Manager, M&A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorporate Development Sr. Manager, M&A
Equinix s Corporate Development team is looking to hire a Senior Manager to drive its M&A effort. M&A has been a critical driver of growth at Equinix. Since 2007, Equinix has completed more than ten corporate acquisitions with a total consideration of more than $6 billion. This position is a unique opportunity to develop your transaction experience, strategic thinking, finance skills, and understanding of the data center space. Equinix s highly-interconnected global data center platform lies at the intersection of technology and real estate, and provides customer connectivity to Cloud, network, mobile, content and other services. The ideal candidate for our group would be a person who is passionate about learning all aspects of the business and has an intrinsic drive to excel.
The position is based in Redwood City, CA at Equinix s corporate headquarters.
* Manage buyside and sellside M&A processes
* Coordinate due diligence sessions with target company management, external financial and legal advisors and cross functional teams from Equinix
* Identify deal issues and work with teams to resolve
* Develop operational models and synergy forecasts for targets with FP&A support
* Develop deal valuation frameworks including comparable companies, precedent transactions, discounted cash flow and related investment return valuation models; and pro forma accretion / dilution analyses
* Work with Treasury team to support financing associated with a transaction
* Assist in planning communications at close of a transaction as well as support through various hand-offs to Business Integration Team Leads and various Finance Teams
Additional projects and responsibilities
* Actively follow and analyze deal activity in areas of interest to Equinix
* Review acquisition, Joint Venture, Strategic Partnerships and Equity Investment opportunities
* Evaluate, coordinate and support corporate Venture Capital initiative
* Support development of M&A/investment thesis with the Business Unit Heads
* Develop and maintain core infrastructure for the M&A Team including comparable databases, diligence lists, M&A playbooks, best practices
* Develop executive staff and board presentation materials
* Strong academic background; MBA from top tier business school preferred
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital and/or other transaction-related profession
* Strong analytical, quantitative, written and interpersonal skills
* Experience in Financial Analysis and Modelling
* Strong proficiency in Excel and Power Point
* Background in Technology Sector and/or Data Centers preferred
* Strong work ethic with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
* Enthusiasm to build relationships across organization
* Ability to deliver well thought out, accurate, work product on time and under pressure
The interview process will involve case studies and developing a financial model.