Corporate Development, Sr. Manager, Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Corporate Development, Sr. Manager, Strategy
We are seeking a Corporate Development, Senior Manager to join our corporate strategy team. You will be joining a high impact team with backgrounds in Big 3 management strategy consulting, venture capital and investment banking to inform and influence some of the company s most complex business decisions. You will have a great opportunity to leverage your previous skill set while developing competencies in strategic thinking and business acumen with an opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding bay area tech company. We are targeting either someone from management consulting, venture capital, investment banking, or someone already working within a corporate development function as part of a fortune 1000 Technology or Telecom company.
The Global Corporate Development team leads and guides key vectors of Equinix growth. As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across a range of functions and regions on a wide variety of projects, including new market and technology assessments, identification and evaluation of growth/partnership opportunities, product innovation and strategy, M&A-related synergy analysis, among others. The Corporate Development Manager will have opportunities to interact with senior leaders across various organizations, while working with minimal oversight to execute on these projects, which will have significant scope and impact on our business. With an air of humility, you will also bring strong quantitative and analytical skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment to help inform and influence major business decisions by Equinix s executive team.
* Conduct deep analysis, manage complex data, demonstrate quantitative and analytical rigor, apply problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills
* Manage various projects and stakeholders across a wide range of initiatives, functions and regions with minimal supervision
* Manage secondary research efforts utilizing tools and databases such as Gartner, 451 Group, CapitalIQ, ThomsonOne, etc
* Perform detailed due diligence of potential growth opportunities and adjacencies via industry assessment, market segmentation and sizing, drive market trend and competitive landscape analysis, financial analysis, and operational impact assessment
* Synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations
* Develop storyboarding and content reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations to the Executive Management and as appropriate - the Board
* Strategy and/or finance professional with minimum of 4-8 years of experience in corporate development, corporate strategy, management consulting, venture capital, private equity or investment banking
* Prior experience with Fortune 500 internal strategy group, strategy management consulting, or similar professional services, multi-functional environment a plus
* General understanding of financial valuation methodologies and accounting
* Be a critical thinker but also execute on the details; outstanding analytical, research and presentation skills
* Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive information
* Good understanding of emerging technologies and their business implications.Key areas of focus include IaaS, SaaS, StaaS, Security, SDN, APM, networking, etc.
* Superior analytical (strategy and financial), project management, time management, and technical (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel) skills
* Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
* Able to synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends, and/or recommendations
* Superior written and verbal communication skills including developing presentations for executive audiences to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
* Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills. Able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
* High degree of self-confidence, poise, humility, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy with a Good attitude, willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
* Ability work across multiple functions, regions, time-zones
* Strong Academic background with MBA and/or graduate level degree in financial, analytic or quantitative related area of study preferred
* The position is based out of Redwood City, CA but requires roughly 10 to 20% travel