Corporate Director, Marketing 9/8/2016
Benchmark Communities, LLC
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Benchmark Communities we believe it matters who builds your home. We are a homebuilder with footprints across the West Coast, Pacific Northwest and Southeast states. Designing and building homes is our passion -- exceeded only by our desire to have every one of our homeowners be thoroughly satisfied with their Benchmark home.
Our strength is our all-star team of homebuilding professionals who treat each moment in the development, design and building process as an opportunity to do better. Our "Everything Matters" approach to homebuilding begins with design input from real families. From there, we combine energy-efficient construction technology with top quality materials and the industry's finest craftsmen to create homes and neighborhoods that live as well as they look. The difference is something you'll notice right away and appreciate for years to come.
When you choose Benchmark Communities, you'll have peace-of-mind knowing your new home is backed by the strength and stability of our parent company, UCP -- a publicly traded community development leader. You'll also be privileged to our nationally ranked Customer Relations Team who is here to stay right along with you and your new home.
The Corporate Director of Marketing oversees the overall Benchmark brand standards across all Divisions and continually assesses the alignment between corporate and division marketing strategies. This position is responsible for providing the essential tools to the divisional Marketing teams in order to market effectively and efficiently. This position manages the operations of the company's website, marketingbudgets, and social media platforms.
* Implements and Manages the "Six Faces of Corporate Marketing" - Organizational Identity, Corporate Identity, Corporate Branding, Corporate Image, Corporate Communication, Corporate Reputation.
* Drive Internal Integration - Create cross-functional integration. Implement tight integration among many functions across the corporation, specifically the sales function, as they are developed. Receive inputs from all departments and understand other functions as plans are developed. Be vigilant in linking sales and marketing plans to the key functions that will implement or execute them.
* Manage the Marketing Strategies - Assess, maintain and manage the marketing mix (the Four P's: Product, Price, Place and Promotion). These strategies include; creating a product with a unique selling benefit, targeting a particular consumer/demographics, setting prices based on profit and broad-management needs, selling in places and utilizing channels which maximize profits without damaging the brand. Utilizing advertising, social media and public relations activities to support the company's brand.
* Train and Develop Marketing Talent - Partner with human resources and Divisions to recruit, hire, on-board, train, and develop career paths for talented marketing professionals. Establish career paths that enable marketers to have a well-rounded view of the company, and that bring a marketing point of view - and marketing talent - into key positions throughout the firm.
* Actively participates in all Marketing and Operation related meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
* Minimum 10years of experience in the homebuilding industry, emphasis in Marketing.
* Minimum 5years of experience in Marketing and Management role required. Experience coaching, managing, and mentoring marketing staff in a public homebuilding environment is highly preferred.
* Experience managing high dollar budgets.