Corporate Finance Intern 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The TE Corporate Finance Internship program is designed to develop potential leaders and allow the intern to gain valuable experience working directly with senior management, while providing unique insight into the structure of a multi-national, Fortune 500 Company.
The internship will provide experience within both Corporate Treasury and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) over the course of a 12 week period. The position will be located in Berwyn, Pennsylvania (Greater Philadelphia area).
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
During the Treasury-based portion of the assignment, the intern will gain experience in several areas that are fundamental to the company s financial strategy. Examples of work exposure include: 1. Capital Planning, which includes planning the corporation s optimal capital structure and the appropriate financing vehicles to achieve that structure as well as dividends and share repurchase planning, liquidity planning, debt tender analysis, fixed vs. floating debt optimization, and credit rating modeling, 2. Hedging strategies for FX, equity, commodities, and interest rate risk exposures, 3. Asset management for pension and RSIP plans, 4. Business support including leasing vs. buy analysis. Additionally, this team manages the corporation s relationship with ratings agencies and other special projects.
During the Financial Planning and Analysis portion of the assignment, the intern will gain exposure to reporting and analysis in support of the following processes: strategic plan, annual operating plan, board presentations, quarterly earnings release, weekly sales analysis, competitive reviews, cash flow forecasting, business unit dashboards, and deep dive analysis as needed. During the entire internship, the successful candidate may also be responsible for special projects; including support of any M&A activity as well as TEOA related process improvements or other Company broad initiatives.
The intern would be expected to provide timely and accurate financial information to corporate FP&A leaders in support of our corporate executive team, investor relations, global business units, SEC reporting and key business and functional leaders. It is also expected that the intern will be able to move quickly between projects and provide sound analytical recommendation to senior finance management inside and outside of the department. At the end of the internship, the intern will be required to create a presentation summarizing the projects.
Minimum Qualifications/ Success Factors:
Along with our core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork and innovation, we are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
* Must be in process of obtaining MBA degree, expected graduation between December 2017 and June 2018
* Minimum 2 years relevant work experience with Corporate Finance or Accounting experience are preferred
* Proficiency in Hyperion, business intelligence tools, Excel, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, or SAP is a plus
* Self-starter with ability to perform independent work and research
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Track record of demonstrated progressive leadership potential through academic, work, or community activities
* Demonstrated project management capabilities with an emphasis on strategic thinking, teamwork, and results-driven implementation
* Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects
* Strong presentation and communication skills (both oral and written) and comfort working across all levels of the organization