Corporate Manufacturing Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Bird & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONCORPORATE MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
LOCATION: EVANSVILLE, IN
TYPE OF COMPANY: AUTOMOTIVE PARTS MANUFACTURER
SALARY: $65,000 - $90,000
EDUCATION: BSME, OR OTHER ENGINEERING
1. Develop manufacturing equipment specifications.
2. Develop and document manufacturing process specifications.
3. Prepare capital expenditures appropriation requests including engineering analysis of project justification.
4. Research and develop new manufacturing technologies and processes to support current and future corporate-wide strategic manufacturing capability objectives.
5. Analyze and develop programs that build intra-company synergy throughout manufacturing engineering.
6. Provide technical assistance to Operations which enable resolution of manufacturing and process engineering problems and assist with the development of plans to meet current and future manufacturing needs.
7. Prepare and submit management reports to inform Sr. Management of on-going program progress and performance.
This position is responsible to lead specific technology development programs designed to introduce and integrate new products and/or production technologies, significantly transforming existing businesses or operations, and enabling the company to sustain a competitive technological advantage in the market place. The associated duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring and controlling the acquisition and implementation of new equipment or other assets, overseeing the start-up of the new processes and/or products, and interacting with Operation teams to ensure successful implementation.
B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum of ten (10) years manufacturing engineering experience including experience working in support of high volume production operations
Demonstrated ability and experience in managing major capital projects from concept development to production start-up phases
In-depth practical and engineering knowledge of wheel manufacturing processes including presses, automation, dies, die lubrication, ancillary systems, and process parameters
Demonstrated proficiency with AuotCad design
Strong analytical and computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft software applications.
Ability to organize and manage multiple projects Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required with dealing with both internal and external customers