Corporate Paralegal - Governance Securities Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hill-Rom is a $2.6B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionAs the Corporate Governance Specialist you will work with the Assistant General Counsel, Corporate & Securities, as well as the greater legal and finance teams to handle public company filings and corporate governance matters.
* Preparing and filing Section 16 forms and reports, 8-Ks, proxy statements, 10-Ks and 10-Qs
* Assisting with required reporting to the NYSE
* Assisting with the preparation and organization of Board of Directors' agendas and materials
* Maintaining corporate minute books
* Managing shareholder and board meetings for wholly-owned subsidiaries, maintaining an electronic database and drafting / revising corporate documents for subsidiaries
* Preparing secretary's certificates, incumbency certificates, certificates of good standing, powers of attorney, etc.
* Closing corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and credit facilities
* Obtaining apostilles and document legalization
* Preparation for the Annual Meeting of Stockholders to include working with Broadridge and Computershare to coordinate broker searches and distribution of proxy materials
* Assisting with insider trading compliance and clearance process
* Overseeing process for payment and/or deferral of Directors' compensation (fees and equity)
* Bachelor's Degree
* Paralegal certificate
* At least 5 years of corporate/securities experience in a public company setting
* Experience interacting with a public company Board of Directors
* Experience with Board portals (e.g. Directors Desk, Diligent, etc.)
* Knowledge of and experience with equity compensation programs including stock options, restricted stock units, and performance-based stock units
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written English communication skills are a must
* Experienced and proficient with analysis and reporting utilizing equity plan reporting and subsidiary management software, databases and Excel spreadsheets
* Notary public certification
Must be comfortable in participative problem solving environments with executive and other senior management
* Candor, impeccable honesty and integrity
* Well-organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and an openness to work with different departments throughout the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled Persons
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://hillrom.contacthr.com/50703142.jpg /