Corporate Paralegal - Temporary
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/17/2017
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Corporate Paralegal provides legal and administrative support to the Corporate Legal team related to commercial contracts, litigation, employment and labor issues, corporate governance, and intellectual property. This position performs a variety of paralegal work, such as drafting contracts and other legal documents, under the supervision of an attorney. The Corporate Paralegal supports other departments on minor legal issues.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this jobs duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
* Prepares responses to litigation requests using legal software. Provides broad support to all litigation (discovery, legal research, etc.).
* Reviews, negotiates and prepares contracts (commercial, supply, non-disclosure, etc.) for attorney review.
* Assists in corporate transactions, such as international franchise arrangements and joint ventures.
* Supports other departments on minor legal issues.
* Conducts legal research and special projects in support of the Corporate Legal team.
* Manages the billing process with outside counsel, reviewing reports generated by specialized legal billing software.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
* Minimum three years of relevant experience
* Paralegal certification required
Panda Restaurant Groups culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.