Corporate Payroll Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MV Transportation is seeking a Corporate Payroll Manager.
*This position is located in Elk Horn, Iowa.
* Manage and guarantee weekly and bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 19,000+ employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
* Supervise payroll staff, including payroll supervisor, payroll coordinators, garnishment coordinator, and union dues coordinator.
* Critically review and analyze current payroll and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
* Audit daily banking reports to ensure check runs are recorded properly at the bank.
* Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Benefits to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
* Conduct yearly audit of unclaimed property following the process to seek out property owners or turn over to the appropriate states.
* Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current and ever changing tax and garnishment rules and regulations.
* Void checks processed incorrectly in the payroll system to ensure correct quarterly reporting as well as correct W2 reporting on an employee level.
* Reissue payroll checks employees have allowed to expire in order to ensure proper payment.
* Assist with the weekly payroll process submitting and updating payroll tax reports to our third party tax partner.
* Assist with quarterly balancing and tax review with our third party tax partner
* Hold monthly departmental meetings to communicate upcoming changes in procedures and conduct educational training to lead a better-rounded staff.
* Assists with in identifying, selecting, training and coaching payroll staff.
* Respects and maintains the confidentiality of all employee records and payroll records information, data and other information.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Strong working knowledge of processing pay for hourly and salaried employees in a complex union and non-union environment.
* Analytical with a strong attention to detail.
* Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills (including complex formulas, functions & V lookups).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive employee information.
* Good problem solving skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions.
* Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments in the organization, particularly Operations and Human Resources.
* Ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and objectively.
* Adaptive, well organized and efficient time management skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
* Diploma, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent knowledge in Payroll.
The Corporate Payroll Manager position reports to the Corporate Payroll Director.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.