Corporate Portfolio Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
SUMMARY: The Corporate Portfolio Manager II provides a wide range of credit related support functions relative to the ongoing management of the commercial business unit s credit risk management process. Portfolio Managers are responsible for underwriting, monitoring and the ongoing maintenance of a portfolio of commercial loans while supporting one or more Relationship Managers in this endeavor. The Portfolio Manager II acts as a secondary point of contact for commercial banking clients. Additionally, this position acts as a resource for level I Portfolio Managers and Credit Analysts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may
* Orders & Reviews Credit Bureau reports.
* Spreading of financial statements.
* Creates projections.
* Prepares Credit Analysis Package.
* Identifies policy exceptions.
* Performs property inspections and completes property inspection reports.
* Learns, understands and administers Credit Policy and Procedures.
* Prepares and processes extension requests.
* Orders and reviews field audits and related 3rd party reports.
* Performs lien & judgment searches.
* Participates in team sales and administrative meetings.
* Collects and reviews financial ticker items.
* Manages various reports including ticklers, Documentation Exception, Coming Due Annual Review, Past Dues, Risk Ratings.
* Reviews loan documentation at relationship inception and each year with annual review.
* Participates in client and prospective client credit related calls.
* Recommends appropriate credit structure and terms & conditions for new and renewal credit opportunities.
* Actively participates in the presentation of a credit request to Credit Administration.
* Structures and underwrites new credit opportunities that are generally simple to moderate in complexity.
* Performs annual reviews on commercial lending relationships.
* Makes ongoing assessments relative to credit risk ratings.
* Through ongoing portfolio management, seeks out early warning signs of deteriorating credit trends.
* Collects and reviews covenant compliance and borrowing base worksheets from commercial clients.
* Researches industries and industry trends.
* Identifies CRA eligible credit opportunities.
* Underwrites ACH exposure for borrowing and non borrowing clients.
* Performs annual review of credit files for accuracy and completeness.
* Maintains electronic back-up of client s key financial records and documentation.
* Performs ongoing (quarterly) portfolio reviews on credits of particular interest to Team Leader and Credit Administration.
* Prepares Criticized Loan Asset Reports where applicable.
* Identifies cross-sale opportunities.
* Works with commercial clients in role of Secondary Officer to service commercial clients relative to credit servicing.
* Mentors level I Portfolio Managers to help develop their skill set.
* Acts as a resource for level I Portfolio Managers and Credit Analysts.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
* At least seven years' experience as a Commercial Portfolio Manager with a demonstrated ability to proficiently underwrite and structure complex and/or unique structures.
* Formal credit training required.
COMMUNICATION/LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak, read and write in the English language; Spanish (or other languages) helpful. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs. An understanding of higher mathematical concepts may be required for specific departments.
REASONING AND ANALYSIS ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Build Relationships: Ability to relate to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; can show sincere interest in others and their concerns; capable of initiating and developing relationships with others as a key priority.
Collaborative Relationships: Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties. Knows how to seek and encourage collaboration. Can work effectively with people outside formal authority to accomplish goals seeking win-win alternatives. Shares successes and works with others to reach best practice solutions. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Has the ability to recognize when relationships are unproductive and take action to improve them.
Influence: Can assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; and mobilize people to take action.
Professionalism: Adhere to BankUnited standards for conduct, grooming, and attire. Provide a positive and professional image both with in the company and externally. Create a positive first impression.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work under pressure and ability to make decisions according to established guidelines; work unsupervised and to accomplish tasks accurately and on a timely basis; prioritize work; strong organization skills. Travel may be required; computer literacy in word processing is required. Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
SALES ABILITY/PERSUASIVENESS: Ability to identify the needs of customers through effective questions and listening techniques. Can apply technical/professional knowledge, interpersonal skills, and sales methods to obtain customers commitment to ideas, services, or products. Handles objections effectively.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Handles customers and employees and their queries in a positive, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner, remembering that the customers satisfaction is a primary focus. Represents the Bank professionally at every contact with customers, staff and vendors.
ATTENDANCE: Must be able to report to work regularly per the assigned schedule; and have the flexibility to work additional hours outside the assigned schedule when necessary; work steadily through the workday; and maintain an attendance record in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
Applicants to, and employees of most private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies, and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination on the following bases (please go through following link to read more about it):http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf