Corporate Portfolio Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
This position can be located in NYC or Melville.
SUMMARY: The Corporate Portfolio Manager II provides a wide range of credit related support functions relative to the ongoing management of the commercial business unit s credit risk management process. Portfolio Managers are responsible for underwriting, monitoring and the ongoing maintenance of a portfolio of commercial loans while supporting one or more Relationship Managers in this endeavor. The Portfolio Manager II acts as a secondary point of contact for commercial banking clients. Additionally, this position acts as a resource for level I Portfolio Managers and Credit Analysts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may
* Orders & Reviews Credit Bureau reports.
* Spreading of financial statements.
* Creates projections.
* Prepares Credit Analysis Package.
* Identifies policy exceptions.
* Performs property inspections and completes property inspection reports.
* Learns, understands and administers Credit Policy and Procedures.
* Prepares and processes extension requests.
* Orders and reviews field audits and related 3rd party reports.
* Performs lien & judgment searches.
* Participates in team sales and administrative meetings.
* Collects and reviews financial ticker items.
* Manages various reports including ticklers, Documentation Exception, Coming Due Annual Review, Past Dues, Risk Ratings.
* Reviews loan documentation at relationship inception and each year with annual review.
* Participates in client and prospective client credit related calls.
* Recommends appropriate credit structure and terms & conditions for new and renewal credit opportunities.
* Actively participates in the presentation of a credit request to Credit Administration.
* Structures and underwrites new credit opportunities that are generally simple to moderate in complexity.
* Performs annual reviews on commercial lending relationships.
* Makes ongoing assessments relative to credit risk ratings.
* Through ongoing portfolio management, seeks out early warning signs of deteriorating credit trends.
* Collects and reviews covenant compliance and borrowing base worksheets from commercial clients.
* Researches industries and industry trends.
* Identifies CRA eligible credit opportunities.
* Underwrites ACH exposure for borrowing and non borrowing clients.
* Performs annual review of credit files for accuracy and completeness.
* Maintains electronic back-up of client s key financial records and documentation.
* Performs ongoing (quarterly) portfolio reviews on credits of particular interest to Team Leader and Credit Administration.
* Prepares Criticized Loan Asset Reports where applicable.
* Identifies cross-sale opportunities.
* Works with commercial clients in role of Secondary Officer to service commercial clients relative to credit servicing.
* Mentors level I Portfolio Managers to help develop their skill set.
* Acts as a resource for level I Portfolio Managers and Credit Analysts.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
* At least seven years' experience as a Commercial Portfolio Manager with a demonstrated ability to proficiently underwrite and structure complex and/or unique structures.
* Formal credit training required.
Applicants to, and employees of most private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies, and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination on the following bases (please go through following link to read more about it):http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf