Corporate Quality Warranty Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
The applicant would be the lead warranty interface between the customer quality and engineering departments and the manufacturing facilities. Using OEM warranty systems, warranty data would be pulled and analyzed to suite both OEM warranty information requests as well as internal requests. Applicant would be required to work closely with the plant to insure that the data is used to drive costs associated with warranty down.
Includes the following:
* Provide up to date warranty data and analysis to OEMs
* Managing of warranty part returns at OEM warranty center and present warranty teardown analysis
* Ensure that affected plants understand the root causes of warranty found through part returns and that actions are quickly taken to eliminate said cause
* Work with Hitachi manufacturing and accounting dept to evaluate and reduce warranty debits by OEM
* Collaborate with team to ensure PowerPoint presentations are compiled for customer visits to Hitachis various manufacturing facilities.
* Work with internal purchasing and engineering teams to ensure Hitachi is prepared to acquire new business
* Use data to drive ownership percentages down as they pertain to warranty bills by OEMs
* Provide continuous updates to customers pertaining to status of warranty improvement items
* Ensure that manufacturing facilities establish clear and concise timelines for when action items will be implemented and ensure they work towards meeting these timelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
* Bachelors degree in engineering with a preference to Quality focus
* Preference to those who have masters degree
* Must be willing to travel to support customer needs (frequency up to 30%)
* Ability to self-prioritize and work effectively both alone and in groups
* Certified in formal problem solving