Corporate Sales Representative - Lexington Park, MD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Lexington Park, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Retail Sales Representative is the direct day-to-day point of contact between Haddon House Food Products and its retail customers. He/she is accountable to perform all service, marketing and merchandising activities in his/her assigned sales territory.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Provide high quality service to the assigned sales territory as required to meet specific store needs and expectations. This includes writing orders, routine display/shelf presentation, and timely processing of returns and damaged product for credit.
* Effectively control all credits and process them in a timely manner, write orders which maintain necessary inventory levels with a minimum of out of stocks and where appropriate, merchandise/stock our products in a neat and organized fashion that meets customer and company expectations.
* Merchandise and stock our products in a neat and organized fashion that meets customer and company expectations.
* Perform minor product resets and display installations to meet store needs and expectations.
* Identify, present, and sell to store management, opportunities to increase store sales through substitution of slow-moving items with alternative products.
* Identify, recommend, and perform product demonstrations as appropriate.
* Present all marketing programs, and promotional period books to store management, and be adept at designing and building creative off shelf displays.
* Monitor competitive activities in the sales territory, communicate activity to supervisory personnel and recommend paths forward to increase company profitability, and follow up on these opportunities.
* Operate a profitable sales territory by managing credits, open invoices, refused orders, etc.
* Follow established Haddon House Food Products policies and procedures to accomplish the above accountabilities.
Other Important Responsibilities:
* Timely Corrective Action response and resolution to relevant project situations;
* Handle related email correspondence and fill in on follow-ups when other personnel are absent (as needed);
* Answer all emails within 2 hours of receipt;
* Answer all voicemails within 2 hours of receipt;
* Engage and support companywide Safety Program;
* Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* BA/BS degree preferred
* Prior customer service experience in retail setting
* System Implementation preferred
* Proven communication skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.