Global Corporate Paralegal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID
Global Corporate Paralegal
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the Kraft Heinz business model. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
The Corporate and Securities Paralegal will be a key member in the Kraft Heinz Office of the Corporate Secretary. This role will provide a broad range of support, including in the areas of securities and corporate governance, compliance, subsidiary management, treasury/tax/corporate transactions and Board matters.
Key Components of the role
* Serve as Global Coordinator for CThCue (subsidiary data management system), which will include managing data, planning global team meetings, coordinating training and working on transactions.
* Perform various subsidiary management duties, including forming and dissolving corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, preparing merger and consolidation paperwork, drafting resolutions and articles of incorporation, by-laws and stock certificates for subsidiaries and maintaining corporate minute books and charts
* Coordinate with the Corporate Tax Department to support filing and restructuring/reorganizational projects
* Assist in coordinating legal and logistical aspects of the company s Annual Meeting of Stockholders
* Assist with preparing and managing documents from various departments in connection with Board of Directors and Committee meetings
* Assist with the preparation of SEC filings, including the proxy statement, Forms 10 Q, 10-K and 8-K
* Assist with financing transactions and other corporate projects
* Manage shareholder interactions and liaise with Transfer Agent regarding stock and registered shareholders issues
* Stay abreast of industry and legal issues related to corporate governance
Location: Chicago, IL
* Bachelor s degree or a paralegal certificate from an institutionally accredited paralegal program
* Minimum of 2 years of paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment
* Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be a part of a team
* Exceptional proofreading, written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail while handling multiple assignments
* Must be proficient Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
* CT hCue or similar corporate database experience is helpful
* Strong analytical, strategic planning and project management skills
* Creative thinking to help resolve issues quickly
* Ability to handle sensitive, confidential and privileged information
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively partner with and maintain working relationships with co-workers, all levels of management, outside counsel and third parties
* Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments in a timely manner and prioritize work with minimal supervision
* Positive attitude and interest in learning
* Solid understanding of legal concepts, processes and procedures in various state, federal and international jurisdictions
* Illinois notary appointment helpful, but not required
The Kraft Heinz Company is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, The Kraft Heinz Company is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.