Corrosion Control Technician (NACE CP2 Cathodic Protection Certified)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Corrosion Control Technician for its Gas Transmission and Distribution Services, Corrosion Control Team, to become part of our multi-discipline project team located in Cranberry Township, Williamsport, or Laceyville PA.
The project types are many and the expected work would be varied. The group has industry leaders and the office has various types of engineers and scientists to coordinate with and learn from on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will provide a high level of field technical support on a regional or system basis relating to corrosion control and pipeline integrity. They will also conduct internal and external specialized corrosion tests on steel structures.
The candidate will be responsible for activities related to corrosion control and pipeline integrity which include:
* Observation of installation, operation, and maintenance of cathodic protection facilities, galvanic anodes, and corrosion control facilities.
* Monitoring the condition of pipelines through pipe-to-soil potentials, visual inspection, examination of coupons, data from in-line tools, etc.
* Performing rectifier inspections, cathodic protection surveys, CP Troubleshooting and making recommendations for any required remedial action to insure code compliance and pipeline integrity.
* Monitoring electrical isolation and identifying points of electrical shorts.
* Conducting various tests, measurements, and surveys to ensure efficient operation of cathodic protection facilities.
* Inspecting 3rd party construction / work activities.
* Mentoring fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
* Maintaining CP databases and compile reports for code compliance and analysis.
Projects are located throughout the United States. Examples of project types:
* Cathodic Protection assessments, designs, installations, commissioning, and maintenance for pipeline and facility projects
* High Voltage AC transmission line Interference studies on proposed route selection locations and existing buried pipelines
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications.
* 10 to 15 years of related corrosion control field inspection and investigation work including direct hands on field experience performing processes to include but not limited to Pipe-to-Soil, Close Interval Survey (CIS), DCVG, ACVG, Current Spans, Rectifier inspection and trouble- shooting etc.
* Good writing skills
* Possess a can do attitude
* Have the ability to communicate with people and clients who have a wide range of cultural and technical backgrounds.
* Computer skills: Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
* Must be able to work with a team, take direction from Supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
* Good record of safe work practices
* Ability to complete field and office work assignments with minimal supervision in an acceptable time frame
* Depending upon location and workload, travel will be required.
* Associate degree in a technical discipline from an accredited school or equivalent corrosion experience.
* NACE CP II (CP2) Cathodic Protection Technician Certification
* Working knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems, corrosion related portions of NEC, and NACE standards.
* Knowledge and experience with safe handling practices of products (gas and liquids).
* NACE CP III (CP3) Cathodic Protection Technician Certification
Preferred Veriforce Contractor Operator Qualifications (OQs):
* 406 - Conduct Test to Determine Cathodic Protection Current Requirements
* 407 - Perform Cathodic Protection Survey
* 408 - Inspect Cathodic Protection Rectifier
* 409 - Inspect Reference Bonds
* 411 - Inspect/Test to Assure Electrical Isolation is Adequate
* 417 - Atmospheric Corrosion Monitoring
* 605 - Locate Line / Install Temporary Marking of Buried Pipeline
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)