Corrosion Tech B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Apply skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot and perform other predictive and preventative maintenance tasks on control systems, electrical, pneumatic, or mechanical on measurement facilities, natural gas compressor station, gas and fire detection systems and auxiliary equipment such as electrical generators, air compressors, pumps, valves, valve operators, filters, scrubbers, etc.
- Applies corrosion skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other predictive and preventative maintenance tasks on assigned corrosion control equipment, facilities, systems, and associated devices (rectifiers, test stations, ground beds, critical bonds, foreign line crossings, cased crossing, surveys, etc.).
- Maintains and operates assigned equipment to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Reads and interprets drawings and schematics, uses technical resources in the performance of assigned work, uses hand and power tools, and other specialty equipment.
- Performs pipeline locates/construction watches, may operate portable and mobile work equipment, and participate in customer and emergency agency meetings.
- Maintains records for required state, federal, and company procedures and participates in team administrative duties.
- Utilizes computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting, material, and supply ordering, and filing of various forms.
- Actively contributes as a member of the project crew, providing and supporting the training of other members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read, comprehends, and applies information in operating and equipment manuals.
- Physical capabilities of standing, walking, bending, climbing ladders and stairs, stretching, reaching over shoulder height, lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs.
- Basic computer use skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Under minimal supervision, performs tasks required for efficient operation of all functions is a natural gas processing plant, glycol and mole-sieve dehydration systems, tank farm, utilities, engines/compressors, PD and centrifugal pumps, and other plant functions, systems, and equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring proper flows, temperatures, pressures, and levels. Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Recognizes equipment abnormalities. Communicates with maintenance regarding significant repairs.
- Responsible for recording of parameter values, completion of operating reports, notification of environmental deviations, and equipment lockout/tag-out for maintenance and repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in operating process and equipment controls.
- Experience working with pressure vessels and equipment.
- High school graduate. Associates degree a plus, but not required.
- Employee hired as or promoted to the Corrosion Tech must have a minimum of 2 years pipeline related experience.
- NACE CP level I preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications