Cost Accountant / Controller 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Chronos Consulting is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in permanent and temporary staffing, RPO and business process automation solutions for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Chronos Consulting's client is an international food ingredient manufacturing company with runs over 50 production facilities and 9,300+ employees globally.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to be accountable for inventory accuracy and coordinate activities with the Purchasing, Production, and Quality departments. This function will provide department managers with financial information to impact operational decisions.
Reporting to the Director of Controlling, you will:
* Ensure inventory accuracy of raw materials, finished products, and rework, as well as organize counts for all material types on hand and provide the department leaders with financial information to enable data-driven operational decisions
* Supply timely and professional information on evolution vs targets for operational efficiency, headcount, scrap, rework, material yield, indirect costs, overtime, etc.
* Coordinate with department leaders on cost savings initiatives and present to managers
* Create profitability, investment, manufacturing costs, material variances, efficiency, and investment proposal analysis
* Structure and oversee the orientation of the budget process
* Forecast and modeling for the short & medium term, analyze the efficiency of labor, machines, and internal controls.
* Prepare monthly analysis and follow-up of the budget variances
* Bachelordegree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
* 2 to 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (food plant experience and management accounting background a plus)
* Accounting background and experience in budgeting, investment analysis, variance analysis and strategic projects analysis
* Strong communication, presentation skills, leadership, work ethic, and possess a team spirit
* Systems experience in SAP, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint